- Reiki is a Japanese word meaning “Universal Life-Force-Energy. The “ki” part is the same word as Chi or Qi, the Chinese word or Prana the Yogic word for the energy which underlies everything.
- Reiki is a simple yet profound hands on healing system for channeling that energy to someone for the purpose of healing.
- Elements of Reiki have their origins in ancient Tibet and are also evident in India. Reiki however, was re-discovered by in the late 1800’s by Dr Usui after a 7 year period of travel and research to find the ancient practice of hands on healing as used by Jesus or Buddha. it was after a 21-day period of fasting and meditation that his search ended, when the symbols and healing wisdom of Reiki were revealed to him.
- Dr Usui went then to spend a 7 years using Reiki to heal the sick and needy in the poverty stricken kyoto in Japan and during this time created his Reiki ethical practices. after this period, Usui traveled through Japan teaching and healing and initiated 16-18 students before his passing in 1930.
- From these initiations the lineage of Reiki continued through Chujiro Hayashi and Haywaya Takata. while Reiki may have undergone changes and many systems arisen, they are all valuable and have evolved from the same root of Dr. Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi and Haywaya Takata’s teachings.
- Five boundless teaching of Reiki..
Just for today, i will not be angry,
Just for today, i will not worry,
Just for today, i will do my work honestly,
Just for today, i will be kind to my neighbor and every sentiment being,
Just for today, i will give thanks for my many blessings.
€45 (value €60)
€59 (value €75)